I really need to balance my budget and handle my money better.
我真的需要平衡预算并改善我的用钱方式了。
balance v. 平衡
budget n.预算
handle v. 处理,管理
Give me your credit cards. You're living beyond your means.
把你的信用卡给我,你花钱总是寅吃卯粮的。
means n. 收入
credit card“信用卡”
live beyond one's means表示“入不敷出,过度消费”。
I want to control my spending better.
我想更好地控制我的开销。
Why don't you control your spending?
你为什么不控制一下你的开销呢?
spending n. 开销,花费
You need to have more self-control.
你需要更好地控制自己。
Control your expenses.
控制你的花销。
self-control n. 自我控制,自制
expense n. 花销,花费
You did spend too much, and most of the expense was kirid of unnecoseary.
你花钱太多了,而且大多数花费都是不太有必要的。
unnecessary a. 不必要的
I have been spending too much money.
我花钱一直大手大脚的。
I can't spend money in one place.
我不能乱花钱。
I am living above my limit.
我的生活开销超出我的底限了。
I have already spent beyond my limit.
我的开销已经超出底限了。
“above”、“beyond”在上面这两句话中的意思都是“超过”。
That'll cost an arm and a leg.
= That'll cost a pretty penny.
= That'll cost a great deal of money.
这要一大笔开销的。
You know, money doesn't grow on trees.
你知道,钱不是从天上掉下来的。
You should use it wisely.
你应该明智地花钱。
wisely ad. 明智地,精明地,英明地
Life is too short to him who's always been saving money and not using it.
对于那些只存钱不花钱的人来说,人生是苦短的。
You can't take it with you.
生不带来,死不带去。
Don't be such a miser.
别像个守财奴似的。
miser n. 吝啬鬼,守财奴
I have to control myself because I always go out and spend like crazy.
我*得控制自己,因为我经常出去乱花钱。
like crazy“发疯似地,拼命地”
2.实用对话
Expenses花销
Harry: Damn it, I'm running out of money again. I really need to balance my budget and handle my money better.
哈里:见鬼,我又要没钱了。我真的需要平衡预算并改善我的用钱方式了。
Lily: You did spend too much, and most of the expense was
kind of unnecessary.
莉莉:你花钱太多了,而且大多数花费都是不太有必要的。
Harry:But I make it.
哈里:但这都是我赚的钱。
Lily: Though, you don't have to spend every penny you make. You could save some every month, like a lot of other people do.
莉莉:尽管如此,你也不必把你赚的每分钱都花了。你可以像其他人那样,每个月都存点儿钱。
Harry: I work hard so I deserve to enjoy, but that costs money.
哈里:我工作很辛苦,所以应该好好享受享受,可是这是要花钱的。
Lily: You should save in case of an emergency. You need to
have more self-control. What things did you spend your
money on!
莉莉:为了应急,你应该存钱。你需要更好地控制自己。你的钱都花哪里去了?
Harry: The problem is that I have no idea. I didn't pay attention.
哈里:问题是我也不知道,我没有注意。
Lily: Let bygones be bygones. Start saving right now.
莉莉:过去的事情就让它过去吧。现在开始存钱吧。
3.详细解说
1.“in case of...”意为“如果…,万一…”。例如:In case of fire. break the glass.(万一遇到火灾,就把玻璃砸了。)另外
“(just)in case”表示“以防万一”。例如:Take an umbrella,in case it rains.(带把伞,万一下雨可以用。)He had his camera ready, just in case he saw something that would make agood picture.(他把照像机准备好,万一看到适合拍照的东西就能用得上。)In case I'm late, start without me.(万一我迟到了,就不要等我先开始吧。)
2.“pay attention(to sb./sth.)”意思是“注意(某人或某事)”,例如: I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to what you were
saying. (对不起,我没有注意你在说什么。)They paid no attention to him.(他们不注意他。)
3.“Let bygones be bygones.”意思是“过去的事情就让它过去吧。”,一般指不太好的事情。
4.文化洗礼
英语中的各种费用
初学英语的人,常用expense来表示一切“费用一,其实expense主要是“花费、开支”之意,如:living expenses-生活开支”、daily expenses“日常开支”、travel expenses“旅行花费”等、在现实生活中,其实“各种花销费用”都有着各种不同的表达方法。下面就分类介绍一些较为常用的表示“费用”意思的词。
1.admission:入场费。如:
Admission: $10 for adults, $5 for children.
入场费:成人10美元,儿童5美元。
2.charge:要价。主要用于指劳务所收取的费用,如服务费、行李:超重费、旅馆费、停车费等等,也可指产品的要价、费用。如:
The bill listed the charges for all services.
这张账单列出了所有的服务费。
3.cost:成本价。指生产某东西的成本,也泛指商品的价格。如:
I sold you this coat at cost.
这件上衣我是按成本价卖给你的。
4.fare:票价。指乘公共汽车、出租车、火车、飞机等所支付的费用。如:
Air fares have shot up by 20%.
飞机票价涨了20%。
4.fee:医生、律师或其他特殊职业的佣金及会费、手续费等。如:
The doctor charged me a fee.
医生向我收了诊疗费。
5.tip:通常指对一次性劳务所付的小费。如:
I gave my barber a fat tip.
我给了理发师优厚的小费。
6.toll:道路、桥梁、港口通行费及电话费等。如:
Drivers have to pay a toll to pass the bridge.
司机过桥*得交过桥费。
7.tuition:学生上大学或私立学校所交纳的学费。如:
John took out a loan to pay his tuition.
约翰贷款交了学费。