I usually eat chicken, pork and beef.
我通常吃鸡肉、猪肉和牛肉。
pork n. 猪肉
beef n. 牛肉
We eat it with sauce.
我们就着酱汁吃。
sauce n. 调味汁,酱汁
How would you like your steak?
= How would you like your steak prepared?
牛排你要几分熟?
How would you like that done?
你想怎样烧这道菜?
steak n. 牛排
I'd like my steak well-done.
我想要熟透的牛排。
I'd like my steak rare.
我想牛排烧得生一些。
I'd like my steak medium.
我的牛排要半生不熟的。
rare a. 烹调得较生的,三分熟的
medium a. 半生不熟的,五分熟的
This meat is too fatty.
这肉太肥了。
The meat is too greasy.
这肉太油腻了。
greasy a. 油腻的
This meat is too tough.
这肉太老了。
This meat is still pink!
这肉还没热!
The meat is overcooked.
这肉烧得过火了。
I'll buy some meat from the butcher's and cook for you.
我到肉店里买些肉,做给你吃。
butcher n. 肉贩,屠夫
“the butcher's”在这里指的是“内铺,肉店”。
I am a vegetarian.
我是吃素的。
Is there meat in that?
这菜里有肉吗?
vegetarian n. 素食者
What spices are you going to add to the meat?
你准备要给肉里加什么佐料?
spice n. 香料,调味品
Mutton chops taste so good.
羊排非常好吃。
mutton n. 羊肉
chop n. 排骨
2.实用对话
The Meat肉类
Frank: What kinds of meat are most popular in your country?
弗兰克:在你们*人们较常吃哪几种肉?
Jane: We usually eat chicken, pork and beef. You eat these meats a lot in your country too. don't you?
简:我们通常吃鸡肉、猪肉和牛肉。在你们*你们也大多吃这些肉,不是吗?
Frank: Yes, we do. We also eat mutton.
弗兰克:是的,我们还吃羊肉。
Jane: I've heard that people in your country like mutton chops.
简:听说你们*的人喜欢吃羊排。
Frank: That's right. Mutton chops taste so good. We eat them
with sauce. Have you ever tried?
弗兰克:没错,羊排非常好吃。我们就着酱汁吃。你吃过吗?
Jane: Yes, I have. I tried once when I visited your country last
year. I think they were very tasty. Can you cook them?
简:吃过,去年去你们*时吃过一次,我觉得味道很不错。你会做吗?
Frank: Certainly I can. I'll buy some from the butcher's and cook for you next Sunday.
弗兰克:当然会了。我到肉店买些肉下星期天做给你吃。
Jane: That sounds great. I'll bring a bottle of wine then.
简:那太好了。到时我带一瓶酒来。
3.详细解说
1.“meat”既可作可数名词,也可作不可数名词。强调“肉的种类”时用作可数名词,强调“肉”时用作不可数名词。例如:I like grilled meats.(我喜欢各种烤肉。)How much meat do you need for this dish?(做这道菜你需要多少肉?)此外,“red meat”用于表示颜色比较深的肉,比如牛肉。“white meat”用来表示颜色比较浅的肉,比如鸡肉。
2.“the butcher’s”指“肉店”。类似的结构还有:the barber’s(理发店)。the dentist's(牙诊所)等。
3.“sth. sounds great”表示“…听起来不错”,“sound”后面跟形容词,表示“…听起来怎么样”。例如:The whole story sounds very odd.(整个故事听起来很古怪。)Her breathing sounds very loud.(她的呼吸声听起来很响。)