I’m starving.
我快饿死了。
I’m starved.
我饿死了。
My mouth is watering.
我都流口水了。
I’m quite thirsty.
我很渴。
When shall we eat?
我们什么时候吃饭?
When will supper be ready?
晚饭什么时候做好?
What’s to eat? 吃什么?
Please pass the pepper.
请帮忙递一下胡椒。
pass v. 传递
Help me set the table.
来帮忙摆碗筷。
Would you set the table?
你愿意摆一下碗筷吗?
It would be more delicious if you put some salt in it.
要是放点儿盐就更好吃了。
Everything is absolutely delicious.
每一样都很好吃。
delicious a. 美味的,好吃的
It’s time to eat.
= Time to eat.
该吃饭了。
What’s the smell?
= What smells?
什么气味?
It smells good.
闻起来不错。
Call everyone to the table.
叫大家来吃饭。
Call the family to dinner.
叫全家人来吃饭。
Be quiet and eat your food.
别说话,吃你的饭。
Don’t talk with your mouth full.
不要满嘴东西时说话。
Clean up your plate.
把你盘子里的东西都吃完。
clean up “收拾干净,清理,吃干净”
Would you like some more?
= Some more?
再来一点吗?
No more.
不要了。
It's delicious!
很好吃
It tastes great.
尝起来不错。
taste v. 品尝 n. 味道
To keep slim, you can't eat any more.
要想身体苗条,你就不能再吃了。
slim a. 苗条的,纤细的
"to keep slim竹在本句中,是不定式作目的状语。
2.实用对话
Dining吃饭
Linda: Oh. Henry. I haven't seen you in ages. Come in. Let me take your coat. How are you getting along?
琳达:哦,亨利,好久不见。进来吧。我来给你拿大衣。较近过得怎么样?
Henry: Very well, thank you.
亨利:非常好,谢谢。
Linda: Please take a seat. Everything will be ready in a minute.
琳达:请坐。饭菜一会儿就准备好。
Henry: Can you bring me a glass of orange juice, please? I am quite thirsty.
亨利:能给我拿杯橙汁吗?我很渴。
Linda: Here you are.
琳达:给你。
(at the table)
(在饭桌上)
Linda: Here you go. We have your cocktail and there're salad. fried chicken, French fries and vanilla ice cream for dessert. Eat the chicken while it's hot. It tastes better.
琳达:来了。这是你的鸡尾酒,这儿有沙拉、炸鸡、炸薯条和甜点香草冰淇淋。趁着鸡肉还热赶紧吃,味道会好一点。
Henry: Wow! You're right. Everything is absolutely delicious. Please pass the pepper.
亨利:哇!真好吃。每道莱都很好吃。请帮忙递一下胡椒。
Linda: Here you are. Taste the French fries.
琳达:给你。尝尝炸薯条。
Henry: They're soft.
亨利:很软。
Linda: Would you like some more?
琳达:再来一点吗?
Henry: No more. Thank you.
亨利:不要了,谢谢。
Linda: Here's to our friendship and health!
琳达:为了我们的友谊和健康干杯!
Henry: Bottoms up!
亨利:干杯!
3.详细解说
1.“get along”是不及物动词短语,在此意为“生活,进展”。另外,还可以表示“与某人相处得很好”。例如:We've always been getting along quite well.(我们一直处得很好。)They seem to get along with each other.(他们好像处得不错。)
2.“French fries”,也作“fries”,为美式英语,意思是“炸薯条”,英式英语的说法为“chips”。另外,“炸薯片”在美式英语里为“potato chips",在英式英语里为“crisps”。
3.“here's to sb./sth.”意思是“举杯祝福/愿…”。例如:Here's to the happy couple.(举杯祝福这对幸福的夫妻。)