Open the door!
开门!
Open it! It’s me.
开门!是我。
I can’t find the key.
我找不到钥匙了。
I lost the key.
我把钥匙弄丢了。
Honey, I’m home.
= Honey, I’m back.
亲爱的,我回来了。
How did it go today?
= How was your day?
今天怎么样?
Did you have a good time today?
今*得愉快吗?
累死了!I’m exhausted!
A little bit tired.
有点儿累。
Too tired.
太累了。
exhausted a. 疲惫不堪的,精疲力竭的
It’s just not my day.
= I had a bad hair day.
倒霉透了。
not one’s day“不顺利,不如意,倒霉”
bad hair day “不如意的,不愉快的”
Just as usual.
和平常一样。
Nothing to mention.
没什么值得一提的。
mention v. 提起,提及
as usual“照常”
I’m feeling down.
= I’m feeling blue.
我现在情绪很低落。
I’m a little down in the mouth.
我有些沮丧。
I’m in the doldrums.
我现在无精打采。
doldrums n. 忧郁
I’m starving, so let’s dine out.
我饿死了,咱们出去吃吧。
Let’s eat out.
咱们出去吃吧。
starving a. 饿得要死的
dine out = eat out“去饭馆吃饭”
I’m too tired, so I don’t want to cook.
我太累,不想做饭了。
Is dinner ready?
晚饭做好了吗?
I feel so good to see my family.
跟家人见面的感觉真好。
It’s good to be at home.
还是在家好啊。
There’s no place like home.
哪儿也没有自己家好。
Home at last.
终于到家了。
I want to take a shower first.
我想先冲个澡。
2.实用对话
After Getting Home回家后
Jane:Home at last. Tonight we have a lot of homework though.
简:终于到家了。*今晚我们有一大堆作业要做。
Tom:Are you saying we don’t have time to watch our favorite show tonight? Jane, you know I really don’t like our teacher
all that much. He gives far too much homework. He criticizes me in front of? everyone all the time.
汤姆:你是说我们没时间看较喜欢的电视节目了吗?简,你知道我真的不那么喜欢我们老师。他布置的作业太多了。而且总是在大家面前批评我。
Jane:To tell the truth, I don’t really like him either. He’s kind of boring and not very active. He always looks unhappy too.
简:说实话,我也不是很喜欢他。他有点儿乏味而且一点儿也不活跃,看起来总是一副不开心的样子。
Tom:Yes, and he also…
汤姆:对啊,而且他还…
Jane:Do you think we should be talking about him like this behind his back?
简:你觉得我们应该在背后这样说他吗?Tom:Probably not. After all he is our teacher. We should try to find something nice to
say. If you can’t say something nice you shouldn’t say anything at all.
汤姆:不应该,毕竟他是我们的老师。我们应该找点好的说。如果你不能说点好的,那就别说了。
Jane:I absolutely agree. It’s getting dark. We should finish our homework now.
简:我完全赞成。天要黑了,我们还是先把功课做完吧。
Tom: All right. I want to take a shower first, I’m exhausted.
汤姆:好吧。我想先冲个澡。累死了!
3.详细解说
1.“in front of…”意思是“在…前面”,例如:He walked along in front of me, holding the light.(他打着灯,走在我的前面。)另
外,“in the front of”表示“在…前部”,例如:In the front of the room,the club's treasurer is giving a report.(俱乐部的财
务人员正在房间的前部做报告。)
2.“all the time”意为“一直,始终,总是”。例如:I keep practising and I'm improving all the time.(我坚持练习,而且一直都在
进步。)也可以用“the whole time”表示相同的意思,例如:He worries about her the whole time.(他一直为她担忧。)
3.“to tell the truth”意思是“说实话”,其中“truth”意为“事实,真理”。
4.“after all”意思是“毕竟,终究”。例如:Prisoners should be treated with respect - they are human beings after all.(罪犯
也应得到尊重——毕竟他们也是人。)