It's late.
很晚了。
It's midnight.
已经半夜了。
I want to watch more TV.
我还想看电视。
Turn off the TV.
把电视关上。
Are you ready for tomorrow?
明天的事情都准备好了吗?
be ready for.“为…做好了准备”
I finished taking off my make-up.
make-up n. 化妆,化妆品
take off“去掉,脱掉”
It's time to go to bed.
= It's time to go to sleep.
= It's bedtime.
该睡觉了。
bedtime n. 就寝时间
Make your bed.
把你的床铺好。
make bed“铺床”
I'm wide awake.
= I'm not sleepy at all.
我一点儿也不困。
I can't fall asleep.
我睡不着。
asleep a. 睡着的
wide awake“完全清醒的,醒着的”
I'm sleepy.
我困了。
It seems l have been asleep just now.
我刚才好像都睡着了。
I'm going to bed.
= I'm off to bed.
= I'm going to sleep.
= I'm going to hit the hay.
我要去睡觉了。
Off to bed now.
现在去睡觉。
I think I'll say good night now.
我想我要说“晚安”了。
hit the hay=hit the sack,在口语中表示“上床睡觉,就寝”。
Have you set the alarm clock?
你定闹钟了吗?
set the alarm clock“定闹钟”
Sweet dreams.
= Have pleasant dreams.
做个好梦。
pleasant a. 令人愉快的
2.实用对话
Bedtime睡觉时间
Mother:It’s time for bed.
母亲:该睡觉了。
Frank:But I’m not sleepy, mom. Can I stay up and watch more TV?
弗兰克:妈妈,但是我一点儿都不困。我能再看会儿电视吗?
Mother:It’s already past 11. You have school tomorrow. You’ll be sleepy all day tomorrow if you don’t sleep well tonight.
母亲:已经是十一点多了。你明天还要上学。 如果你今晚上不休息好的话,明天你都会犯困的。
Frank:I know, but I promise I won’t be sleepy tomorrow. I work really hard.
弗兰克:我知道,但是我增加明天不犯困。我学习很努力的。
Mother:Don’t you have exams **ing up soon? I’m sure you could spend more time preparing for those.
母亲:你不是快考试了吗?我肯定你可以多花点时间准备的。
Frank:Oh, I nearly forgot the exams.
弗兰克:哦,我差点忘了,还有考试呢。
Mother:You do well in the math, but your history is not good enough. Am I right?
母亲:你数学很好,但是历史不是很好,对吧?
Frank:Yeah, I guess so. Maybe I could go to sleep now and get up early to review the lessons tomorrow.
弗兰克:是的,是这样的。或许我应该现在就睡觉,明天早点起来复习功课。
Mother:An excellent idea. Work now and play later.
母亲:好主意,先学习后玩儿。
Frank:I know you’re right. School is more important than TV, but can I watch one more show then go to bed?
弗兰克:我知道您说得对。学习要比电视更重要,我能再看一个节目再去睡觉吗?
Mother:No, now is bedtime.
母亲:不行,现在就睡觉。
3.详细解说
1.“be **ing up”表示“很快来临,即将发生”,例如:With Christmas **ing up,few people have much money to spare.(圣诞节快要到了,很少人手里还有很多闲钱。)另外,“**e up”还可表示“走近,走过来”,例如:One of the teachers **es up and starts talking to me.(一位老师走过来,开始和我谈话。)
2.“spend+一段时间+doing sth.”表示“花费时间做某事”。例如:Sam spends all his free time painting.(山姆利用所有的业余时间画画。)常用的固定表达还有:“spend time in/at...”,例如:We'll have to spend the night in a hotel.(我们将不得不在旅馆过夜。)